As part of the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program you can receive up to $100 per window or door (up to 20 windows per Tier) for replacing your current windows or exterior doors with program qualified products. This upgrade can count towards the Two Upgrade Bonus or the Home Energy Improvement Bonus.
- Tier 1 windows/ doors: $50 per window/door (maximum $1,000)
- Tier 2 windows/doors: $100 per window/door (maximum $2,000)
- The invoice date for the installed windows and doors must be on or after September 28, 2018.
- If the upgrade was invoiced between September 28, 2018 – March 31, 2019, you are only eligible to receive $50 per window/door that has a metric U-Factor of 1.22 (W/m2·K) or lower.
- If the upgrade was invoiced on or after April 1, 2019, then the current offer applies.
- Your upgrades must be installed by a licensed contractor with a valid BC business license for the trade applicable to the installation work.
- You must have a residential utility account with FortisBC, BC Hydro, or a municipal utility.
- Your home must be primarily heated with:
- Natural Gas or piped-propane supplied by FortisBC
- Electricity supplied by FortisBC, BC Hydro, or a municipal utility
- Oil or propane not supplied FortisBC
- Homes primarily heated by wood or other solid fossil fuels are not eligible.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- The home must have a minimum of 12 months of consecutive utility billing history.
- The windows/ doors must be installed by a licensed contractor with a valid BC business license for the trade applicable to the installation work.
- The windows/doors must be replacing existing windows and/or doors in the building envelope. Windows installed in new rough openings are ineligible. Skylights are not eligible for the rebate.
- New windows/doors must be ENERGY STAR® certified. The products must be listed on the ENERGY STAR certified fenestration list for windows and doors.
- Tier 1 windows/doors: New windows/doors must have a metric U-Factor between 1.23 and 1.40 (W/m2·K)
- Tier 2 windows/doors: New windows/doors must have a metric U-Factor of 1.22 (W/m2·K) or lower.
- A photo of a least one label showing one or more of the following: manufacturer model code/number, certification body (CB) certification number, or NRCan reference number.
How to Apply
- Carefully review the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase eligible windows and have them installed by a licensed contractor.
- Once your upgrades are installed, complete the online application and upload all supporting documentation including copies of all receipts and invoices. See sample invoices.
- The application form for individual upgrades must be submitted within 6 months of the invoice date of the upgrade.
- The application form for the Two Upgrade Bonus must be submitted within 6 months of the second bonus-eligible upgrade. You must complete your second bonus-eligible upgrade within 18 months of the invoice date of the first bonus-eligible upgrade.
- The application form for the Home Energy Improvement Bonus and EnerGuide Home Evaluation Rebate must be submitted within 6 months of the date of your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation. You must complete your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation within 18 months of your pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation.
- If you installed upgrades prior to April 01, 2019, see What if I started my renovations before April 01, 2019?
- If you installed upgrades prior to September 28th, 2018, see What if I started my renovations before September 28, 2018?
- Learn more about energy efficient windows by reading our Windows and Doors FAQs.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- This rebate is funded, in part, by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.