What are the documentation requirements for the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program?
To access rebates from the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program you are required to provide supporting documentation (invoices from the contractor) with your rebate application. Please read the Program Requirements and Additional Terms and Conditions for a complete list of invoice and supplementary documentation requirements.
Invoices must meet these requirements:
- All service invoices/receipts must indicate details of the work performed and the address where the work was performed.
- The contractor’s company name, contact information (phone and/or email), address and GST number must be on the invoices.
- All product purchase invoices/receipts must have the product’s brand, model number, and purchase date.
- Gas installation requires a natural gas permit number and Technical Safety BC gas contractor licence number.
- Window invoices must indicate manufacturer model code/number, NRCan reference number or a certified products directory (CPD) number, and must be certified through one of the following certification bodies:
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
- Intertek Canada (Intertek)
- Labtest Certification (LC)
- QAI Laboratories (QAI)
- National Fenestration Ratings Council (NFRC)
- All copies of invoices and documentation must be clear and legible.
For detailed documentation requirements by energy upgrade see below for sample invoices that show what the contractor/homeowner should include.
- Windows and doors
- Air source heat pump
- Air source heat pump if converting from fossil fuel heating
- Heat pump water heater
- Electrical Service Upgrade – Contractor Invoice and Utility Invoice
- Natural gas furnace or boiler
- Natural gas fireplace
- Natural gas water heater
- Pre-Upgrade EnerGuide Home Evaluation
- Post-Upgrade EnerGuide Home Evaluation
Some rebates require additional supporting documentation. Be sure to go over the terms and conditions for a complete list of invoice and supplementary documentation requirements.
Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.