How do I participate in the federal Canada Greener Homes Program?
The Canada Greener Homes Program is a federal initiative that launched on May 27, 2021. The program offers up to $600 after completing both the mandatory pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation, as well as up to $5,000 in rebates for energy efficiency upgrades completed between the two evaluations.
For detailed program information and rebates available, please visit the program website or contact the program at 1-833-674-8282 by phone or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information on the Greener Homes Program will be available on the CleanBC Better Homes website shortly.
- A pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation is required. Find energy advisors in your area with the Energy Advisor Search Tool.
- Once you choose an energy advisor, you must register for the Canada Greener Homes Program. You can register online or by calling 1-833-674-8282 to register.
- It will take 10-15 minutes to complete your registration, make sure you have your property tax bill number and government issued ID or utility bill available.
- In the Homeowner Portal you can choose the Service Organization of the energy advisor you would like to work with. You will be contacted by the energy advisor to book your evaluation.
- After the pre-retrofit evaluation, you will receive your EnerGuide reports, including the Renovation Upgrade Report and Homeowner Information Sheet. You will need to use these documents to identify eligible upgrades under the program. Learn more about EnerGuide evaluations here.
- Complete your recommended energy efficiency upgrades. In addition to the Canada Greener Homes rebates, you can also access provincial and municipal rebates. Check our Rebate Search Tool for rebates available.
- Once your renovations are complete, request a post-retrofit EnerGuide Home Evaluation through the Homeowner Portal.
- You will also need to provide receipts for all energy efficiency upgrades completed through the Homeowner Portal.
Your energy advisor will upload documentation to the portal before you get reimbursed for your upgrades.