Renovating a Home FAQs
CleanBC Better Homes Program Eligibility FAQs
- What do the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Programs define as my Primary Heating System?
- How do I know if my home is substantially reconstructed?
- What does Minimum Electricity Consumption mean?
- What is meant by “12 months of consecutive billing history”?
CleanBC Better Homes Program Application FAQs
- What are the documentation requirements for the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program?
- What do I do if I’m having issues with the online application form?
- Can I submit a bulk application for multiple homes in a large renovation project?
- How long will it take to receive my rebate from the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program?
Canada Greener Homes ProgramSee all
General Rebate Questions
- What is my climate zone?
- What are municipal utility providers?
- I live in an apartment/condo and would like to do some energy efficiency upgrades. Are there any rebates available to me?
- Are there rebates for LED lights?
Group Purchase Rebate Program
- What is the Group Purchase Rebate?
- How can I maximize my Group Purchase Rebate amount?
- Where can I find more information about the GPR Program?
- What if my GPR code has expired?
Low-Interest Financing Program
- How can I apply for low-interest financing?
- Which costs does the Low-Interest Financing Program cover?
- How can I get approved for financing?
- Can Energy Coaches verify if I am eligible for financing?
EnerGuide Home Evaluations
- What are EnerGuide home evaluations?
- What are the benefits of an EnerGuide home evaluation?
- Where can I find an energy advisor?
- What is an EnerGuide home label?
Energy Issues and Concerns
- Where do I start to reduce drafts and improve my home?
- When should I upgrade my heating system?
- What are the symptoms of poor indoor air quality, and how can it be improved?
- What are the health and safety considerations of home renovations?
Hiring a Contractor
- Where can I find a contractor that is right for the job, and what should I know before hiring them?
- Do I have to work with a Program Registered Contractor?
- How do I ensure that I am getting a fair price for my requested services from a contractor?
- What if I’m not satisfied with my contractor’s service?
- Can I do my energy efficiency upgrades myself?
- What are the most cost effective DIY home energy improvements?
- What resources are available for DIY home energy improvements?
- Do I need a permit for my upgrade?
- What are the permit requirements in the City of Vancouver?
- How do I find an energy efficient home to buy?
- I’m interested in solar energy. How do I find out if it’s a good option for me?