Renovating a Home FAQs
CleanBC Better Homes Program Eligibility FAQs
- What do the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Programs define as my Primary Heating System?
- How do I know if my home is substantially reconstructed?
- What rebates are available?
- How do I access the Double the Rebate Offer?
CleanBC Better Homes Program Application FAQs
- What do I do if I’m having issues with the online application form?
- How do I calculate my heat pump rebate with the City of Vancouver Top-Up?
- Can I submit a bulk application for multiple homes in a large renovation project?
- What are the documentation requirements for the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program?
General Rebate Questions
- What is my climate zone?
- What are municipal utility providers?
- I live in an apartment/condo and would like to do some energy efficiency upgrades. Are there any rebates available to me?
- Are there rebates for LED lights?
EnerGuide Home Evaluations
- Is my home eligible for rebates or an EnerGuide home evaluation?
- What are EnerGuide home evaluations?
- What happens during a pre- and post upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation?
- What is an EnerGuide home label?
Energy Issues and Concerns
- Where do I start to reduce drafts and improve my home?
- When should I upgrade my heating system?
- What are the symptoms of poor indoor air quality, and how can it be improved?
- What are the health and safety considerations of home renovations?
Hiring a Contractor
- Where can I find a contractor that is right for the job, and what should I know before hiring them?
- Do I have to work with a Program Registered Contractor?
- What accreditations do I look for when hiring contractors/installers?
- What questions should I ask a contractor during the interview process?
- Can I do my energy efficiency upgrades myself?
- What are the most cost effective DIY home energy improvements?
- What resources are available for DIY home energy improvements?
- Is the BC Home Energy Coach still available?
- What are the permit requirements in the City of Vancouver?
- Do I need a permit for my upgrade?
- How do I find an energy efficient home to buy?