The Resort Municipality of Whistler is offering a $2,000 top-up to CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program participants that switch from a fossil fuel (oil, natural gas, or propane) heating system to an electric air-source heat-pump. This municipal offer is in addition to the heat pump rebates currently available through the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program. Limited time offer – act now, as municipal top-up incentives will be approved on a first come first serve basis.
- Your upgrades must be completed on or after January 01, 2019.
- You must be a FortisBC, BC Hydro, or municipal utility customer.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- You must be a resident of the Resort Municipality of Whistler.
- You must convert your primary heating system from fossil fuel (oil, natural gas, propane) to an electric air-source heat pump.
- You must fulfill the eligibility requirements of the mini-split heat pump incentive or the central heat pump incentive.
- The home must have a minimum of 12 months of consecutive utility billing history.
How to Apply
- Carefully review the terms and conditions of the program to confirm your eligibility.
- Have an eligible heat pump installed. See the mini-split air source heat pump, or central system air source heat pump pages for eligibility requirements.
- Once your upgrades are installed, complete the online application and upload all supporting documentation including copies of all receipts and invoices. See sample invoices.
- The application form must be submitted within 6 months of the invoice date of the heat pump installation.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.