As a part of the Regional District of Nanaimo’s Green Building Program, you can receive a $250 rebate for Solar Hot Water, Solar Photovoltaic, Geoexchange, or Micro & small wind installations. In addition, you can receive a $400 rebate for renewable energy systems that require and obtain a development variance permit.
- You must live in RDN Electoral Areas A, B, C, E, F, G, or H.
- You must install an eligible renewable energy system with a certified/licensed contractor. See the Nanaimo Renewable Energy Systems webpage for certification requirements.
- You must purchase eligible products or services after the Program start date of May 1, 2013.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility for the rebate.
- Buy an eligible renewable energy system and have it installed by an appropriately licensed contractor.
- Please include the development variance permit in your submission if you are planning to access the additional $400 rebate.
- Submission may be made to the Regional District of Nanaimo by email, mail or in person.
- Visit the Nanaimo Renewable Energy Systems webpage for detailed instructions on what to include in your application and where to submit.
- Application forms must be submitted within 90 days of purchase with a proof of purchase.
- Applications for this rebate are accepted from January 1, 2021 through December 15, 2021 for all Electoral Area residents.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.