As a part of the Regional District of Nanaimo’s Green Building Program, you can receive a $150 rebate for completing a pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation and up to a $200 rebate for completing a post-upgrade evaluation for improving the rating of your home. This rebate is only available for residents within the RDN Electoral Area or the District of Lantzville.
- You must live in the Regional District of Nanaimo (RDN) Electoral Area A, B, C, E, F, G, and H or the District of Lantzville.
- You must complete at least one EnerGuide home evaluation.
- The EnerGuide home evaluations must be performed by a program-qualified energy advisor.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility for the rebate.
- Have a pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation and/or a post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation.
- For the pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation, include the first page of the Renovation Upgrade Report showing the EnerGuide Rating & receipt for the pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation. For the post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation include the first page of the Homeowner Information Sheet showing the new EnerGuide rating as well as the first page of the Renovation Upgrade Report if not already submitted to the RDN, and a receipt for the post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation.
- Visit the RDN webpage for instructions on what to include in your application and where to submit.
- Application forms must be submitted within 90 days of purchase with a proof of purchase.
- Currently there is no posted deadline for Green Building Incentive Program.
- For residents within the City of Nanaimo, check out the City of Nanaimo EnerGuide Home Evaluation Rebate.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.