The Two Upgrade Bonus is a $300 bonus rebate for installing two or more eligible energy efficiency upgrades. This $300 bonus is provided in addition to the individual rebates that are available.
- You must be a FortisBC, BC Hydro, or municipal utility customer.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- Electricity, natural gas, oil, or propane is the primary heating fuel for the home.
- Homes primarily heated by wood or other solid fossil fuels are not eligible.
Individual Upgrade Requirements
In addition to the individual rebate requirements, you must meet the requirements as listed below:
- You must install a minimum of two bonus-eligible upgrades. The first upgrade must be installed on or after September 28, 2018. The second upgrade must be installed within 18 months of the first upgrade.
- Insulation – must have a minimum rebate value of $500 per location. Eligible locations are attic, exterior wall cavity, exterior wall sheathing and basement and crawlspace walls. Each location is considered one upgrade.
- Primary heating system (mini-split air source heat pump, central system air source heat pump,combination space and water heat pump, natural gas furnace or boiler, natural gas combination heating and hot water system) – a maximum of one primary heating system is eligible for the rebate.
- Secondary heating system (natural gas fireplace) – a maximum of one fireplace can be counted toward the bonus and must replace an existing gas fireplace.
- Water heater (heat pump water heater or natural gas water heater)– a maximum of one hot water system can be counted towards the bonus.
- Windows and doors – must achieve a minimum rebate value of $250.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the Program Requirements and Additional Terms and Conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Install two or more bonus-eligible upgrades. The upgrades must be installed by a contractor with a valid BC business license.
- Once your upgrades are installed, complete the online application and upload all supporting documentation including copies of all receipts and invoices. See sample invoices.
- The application form for individual upgrades must be submitted within 6 months of the invoice date of the upgrade.
- The application form for the Two Upgrade Bonus must be submitted within 6 months of the invoice date of the second bonus-eligible upgrade. You must complete your second bonus-eligible upgrade within 18 months of the invoice date of the first bonus-eligible upgrade.
- You can receive the Two Upgrade Bonus or the Home Energy Improvement Bonus, but not both.
- Eligibility requirements and rebates are based on the date of the invoice. See the What Rebates are Available FAQ for information of how invoice date effects associated upgrade requirements and available rebates.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- This rebate is funded by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.