Through the Township of Langley’s Green Building Permit Rebate Program, you can receive $350 per unit for completing a mid-construction blower door test when constructing a new residential building within the Township of Langley.
|Single Family Dwellings||$350 per unit|
|Townhouse Developments||$350 per unit (applies only to the first 25% of the project)|
- The program is open to builders, developers and homeowners who are constructing a new home in the Township of Langley.
- The home must be a single family home, row home unit, townhouse unit, or duplex.
How to Apply
- Submit a Building Permit Application. All new single family homes must now include an energy modelling report to comply with the BC Energy Step Code.
- Obtain a Green Building Rebate Program referral form.
- Schedule a mid-construction blower door test with an Energy Advisor or qualified professional.
- The blower door test is conducted once the air barrier is in place, but before the drywall has been installed.
- If you are pursuing the Upper Steps rebate complete an as-built EnerGuide evaluation to see if you meet the performance requirements.
- Submit the program referral form along with the testing invoice to the Township of Langley.
- Receive rebate by mail if all requirements are met.
- Within 90 days of your mid-construction blower door test, you must submit a copy of the program referral form along with the testing invoice to the Township of Langley.
- If applying for the Upper Steps Rebate Program, apply within 90 days of your final inspection, you must submit a copy of the program referral form and your EnerGuide reports to the Township of Langley.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Visit the Township of Langley Green Building Program for program FAQs.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.