The District of Saanich is offering a $350 top-up to CleanBC Better Homes and Homes Renovation Rebate Program participants that switch from a fossil fuel (oil, natural gas, or propane) heating system to an electric air-source heat-pump. This municipal offer is in addition to the heat pump rebates currently available through the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program and the Capital Regional District (CRD). Limited time offer – act now, as municipal top-up rebates will be approved on a first come first serve basis.
- Your upgrades must be completed on or after September 28, 2018.
- You must be a FortisBC, BC Hydro, or municipal utility customer.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- You must be a resident of the District of Saanich.
- You must convert your primary heating system from fossil fuel (oil, natural gas, propane) to an electric air-source heat pump.
- You must fulfill the eligibility requirements of the mini-split heat pump incentive or the central heat pump incentive.
- The home must have a minimum of 12 months of consecutive utility billing history.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Have an eligible heat pump installed. See the mini-split air source heat pump, and central system air source heat pump pages for eligibility requirements.
- Once your upgrades are installed, complete the online application and upload all supporting documentation including copies of all receipts and invoices. See sample invoices.
- The application form must be submitted within 6 months of the invoice date of the heat pump installation.
- The Capital Regional District offers an additional top-up.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.