As part of the Regional District of Nanaimo’s (RDN) Green Building Program, homeowners can receive up to $250 when using graded site-cut timber for structural use in renovations and new construction requiring a building permit. Homeowners in RDN electoral areas and the District of Lantzville who harvest and use timber on the same site can take advantage of this rebate.
The Regional District of Nanaimo will review your application and mail a rebate cheque up to $250 to the property owner. The rebate will not exceed the value of the fee charged for the grading service as shown on the receipt.
- Must be a resident in the District of Lantzville or Regional District of Nanaimo Electoral Areas A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H.
- Purchase of eligible products or services must be made after the program start date of May 1, 2012.
- Must include the original receipt for the grading service when submitting your application.
How to Apply
- Carefully review the program terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility for the rebate.
- Submit your completed application form and a copy of the original receipt for the grading service to the Regional District of Nanaimo by email, mail, or in person at the RDN Administration Building.
Graded Site-Cut Timber Incentive
c/o Sustainability Coordinator
6300 Hammond Bay Road
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6N2
- Purchases of eligible products or services must be made after Program start date of May 1, 2012.
- Rebates are limited and are administered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For a list of accredited grading agencies, visit the Canadian Lumber Standards Accreditation Board website.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Regional District of Nanaimo 250-390-6510 or 1-877-607-4111