The CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program offers $200 for completing a pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation. Select municipalities offer an additional $150 rebate when you complete a pre-upgrade evaluation, see Municipal Offers for more information. A Post-Upgrade EnerGuide Evaluation Rebate is also available.
- You must be a BC Hydro, FortisBC, FortisBC electric, or municipal utility customer.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- Electricity, natural gas, oil, or propane is the primary heating fuel for the home.
- Premises primarily heated by wood or other solid fuels are not eligible.
- The EnerGuide home evaluations must be performed by a program-qualified energy advisor.
- The pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation must be completed on or after April 01 2020.
- The home must have a minimum of 12 months of consecutive utility billing history.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the Program Requirements and Additional Terms and Conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Complete a pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation with a program-qualified energy advisor.
- Submit an online application. See sample invoices.
- You must complete your pre-upgrade evaluation and submit your application form within 6 months of the evaluation date. The rebate will be paid after the application is submitted.
- You must complete your post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation within 18 months of your pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation to access the Post-Upgrade EnerGuide Home Evaluation Rebate and the Home Energy Improvement Bonus.
- Learn more about EnerGuide home evaluations by reading our FAQs.
- Eligibility requirements and rebates are based on the date of the invoice. See the What Rebates are Available FAQ for information on how invoice date effects associated upgrade requirements and available rebates.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- This rebate is funded by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.