The CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program offers $100 for completing a post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation. You must also complete a Pre-Upgrade EnerGuide Home Evaluation to count towards the Home Energy Improvement Bonus.
This rebate is ending March 31, 2022 due to the federal government providing rebates for EnerGuide evaluations through the Canada Greener Homes Grant. Evaluations must be completed by March 31, 2022. Rebate applications must be submitted within six months of the invoice date.
- You must be a BC Hydro, FortisBC, FortisBC electric, or municipal utility customer.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- Electricity, natural gas, oil, propane, or wood is the primary heating fuel for the home.
- The EnerGuide home evaluations must be performed by a program-qualified energy advisor.
- The post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation must be completed after April 01 2020 and before March 31 2022. The post-upgrade must be completed within 18 months of the Pre-Upgrade EnerGuide Home Evaluation to be eligible for the rebate.
- Home must be a year-round primary residence that is at least 12 months old.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the Program Requirements and Additional Terms and Conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Complete a post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation with a program-qualified energy advisor.
- Submit an online application. See sample invoices.
- You must complete your post-upgrade evaluation and submit your application form within 6 months of the evaluation date. The rebate will be paid after the application is submitted.
- You must complete your post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation within 18 months of your pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation to access the Post-Upgrade EnerGuide Home Evaluation Rebate and the Home Energy Improvement Bonus.
- Learn more about EnerGuide home evaluations by reading our FAQs.
- Eligibility requirements and rebates are based on the date of the invoice. See the What Rebates are Available FAQ for information on how invoice date effects associated upgrade requirements and available rebates.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- This rebate is funded by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.