FortisBC is offering up to $2,500 to income-qualified customers who install an eligible natural gas ENERGY STAR® water heater.
Rebates range from $500 to $2,500 for eligible natural gas ENERGY STAR water heaters.
|Water Heater||Rebate Amount*|
|Condensing storage tank
- You must be a FortisBC residential natural gas customer.
- You must be replacing an existing water heater.
- You must meet income-qualified requirements and proof of income is required. Visit this page for full income eligibility details. Total household income includes the combined income of all members of the household over the age of 18. Utility may, at its discretion, accept or require alternative or additional proof of income, including: proof of rental, foreign and other sources of income.
- To count the upgrade towards the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program, the water heater must:
- You must have purchased (and paid in full) and installed your water heater on or after April 1, 2019.
- The natural gas water heater must be on the following lists of qualifying models:
How to Apply
- Purchase an eligible natural gas water heater and have it installed by a licensed gas contractor.
- Complete the income-qualified rebate application and include a copy of the invoice. See a sample invoice for water heaters to view the invoice requirements.
- Email or mail in your application and associated supporting documents including proof of income within 6 months of the invoice date to: email@example.com
Income-Qualified Space and Water Heating Program
PO Box 9030
Surrey, BC V3T 5W3
- You must submit your application within 6 months of the invoice date.
- Learn more about water heaters and find out which model is right for you.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- This rebate is funded by FortisBC, the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.