The City of Kelowna is offering a $150 top-up for CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program participants that complete a pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation. This municipal offer is in addition to the EnerGuide Home Evaluation rebate currently available through the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program. Limited time offer – Act now, as municipal top-up rebates will be approved on a first-come, first-served basis. Municipal funding is subject to availability and top-up rebates are not guaranteed.
- Your evaluations must be completed on or after October 01, 2019 and before September 30, 2021.
- You must be a FortisBC, BC Hydro, or municipal utility customer.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- You must be a resident of the City of Kelowna.
- You must complete a pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation with a program-qualified energy advisor. You do not need to complete any upgrades to be eligible for the rebate.
- Home must be a year-round primary residence that is at least 12 months old.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the Program Requirements and Additional Terms and Conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Complete a pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation with a program-qualified energy advisor. You do not need to complete any upgrades to be eligible for the rebate.
- Submit an online application within 6 month of the pre-upgrade evaluation date. See sample invoices. No additional application is required for the municipal top-up. The top-up will be added to your rebate payment if you are in the participating municipality.
- You must complete your pre-upgrade evaluation and submit your application form within 6 months of the evaluation date.
- You must complete your post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation within 18 months of your pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation to access the Post-Upgrade EnerGuide Home Evaluation Rebate and the Home Energy Improvement Bonus.
- Eligibility requirements and rebates are based on the date of the invoice. See the What Rebates are Available FAQ for information on how invoice date effects associated upgrade requirements and available rebates.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.