BC Hydro is offering customers in the Hope area up to $3,000 in additional top-ups to CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program participants. Customers that switch from inefficient electric home space heating systems, like baseboards and electric furnaces, to more efficient electric air source heat pumps are eligible for an additional $2,000 incentive. Additionally, customers that switch from electric hot water heaters to electric heat pump water heaters are eligible for an additional $1,000 incentive.
Customers can apply for either or both additional incentive top-ups in the same home.
This Hope area specific offer is in addition to the heat pump space heating and water heating rebates currently available through the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program.
- $2,000 if you convert from your baseboard or electric furnace to a central ducted heat pump or ductless mini-split (single head or multi-head)
- $1,000 if you replace your electric hot water tank with an eligible heat pump water heater
- Heat pump systems with fossil fuel back ups are ineligible for the additional incentives.
- You must be a BC Hydro customer.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- Your home must be connected to the Hope Substation.
- You must convert your primary space heating system from electric baseboards or an electric furnace to an electric air source heat pump.
- You must convert your home hot water tank from an electric hot water heater to an electric heat pump water heater.
- You must fulfill the eligibility requirements of the ductless mini-split heat pump rebate, central ducted heat pump rebate, or electric heat pump water heater rebate.
- Home must be a year-round primary residence that is at least 12 months old.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the Program Requirements and Additional Terms and Conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Have an eligible heat pump installed. See the ductless mini-split air source heat pump, central ducted system air source heat pump or electric heat pump water heater rebate pages for eligibility requirements.
- Once your upgrades are installed, complete the online application, enter Promo Code “HOPE23” and upload all supporting documentation including copies of all receipts and invoices. See sample invoices. This single application will cover the base incentives available through CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program and the top-ups only available to Hope area residents. Only one application is required.
- Your upgrade must be completed before March 31, 2023, and the application form must be submitted within 6 months of the invoice date of the heat pump installation.
- Eligibility requirements and rebates are based on the date of the invoice. See the What Rebates are Available FAQ for information on how invoice date effects associated upgrade requirements and available rebates.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrade rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.