PNG’s Home Furnace Tune Up & Smart Thermostat program provides financial support to residential customers who elect to have their natural gas heating system tuned up and a smart thermostat installed. This program aims to improve the performance of natural gas furnaces and simplify energy management and conservation behaviours in the home using smart thermostats.
Tune up your furnace and save!
Routine furnace maintenance can:
- lower your utility bills,
- increase the efficiency of operation,
- extend the life of your furnace,
- save on repair costs,
- prevent unexpected breakdowns,
- support a healthy and safe environment,
- maintain a warranty, and
- provide in-home comfort.
Your furnace tune-up follows the Technical Safety BC: Annual Servicing for Gas Appliances.
Save more with a smart thermostat!
Smart thermostats help schedule your heating to help you save money on your energy bills. Some have features like motion sensors, geo-fencing, and the ability to check the weather to optimize your furnace operation over time. Some come with remote control and can provide useful insights through energy use tracking. Thermostats listed on the Energy Star Connected Thermostat List are eligible under the PNG program. Talk with your HVAC contractor about what is best for you.
- A $400 rebate will be applied at the time of invoicing.
- You are a PNG residential natural gas customer
- Natural gas furnace is your primary source of heat.
- Your natural gas furnace is more than one year old.
- The furnace tune-up and smart thermostat installation is completed by a PNG preferred contractor.
- Your household has not previously participated in this offer.
- The work must be performed by a PNG Preferred Contractor.
- The furnace tune up must be aligned with requirements referenced by TSBC Annual Servicing for Gas Appliances Information Bulletin (2017)
- The smart thermostat must be listed on the Energy Star Connected Thermostat list
How to Apply
- Connect with a PNG preferred contractor to discuss your home heating needs and schedule an appointment. All services should be agreed to in writing.
- Provide the contractor with access to your furnace and thermostat for the appointment.
- Review important operations and maintenance information with the contractor.
- Sign the customer declaration.
- Review the contractor invoice. The PNG rebate of $400 for the furnace tune-up and smart thermostat purchase and installation will be shown as a reduction in the amount owing on your invoice.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.