BC Hydro, FortisBC, Pacific Northern Gas and local municipal utilities are offering free energy saving kits for income-qualified households. The kits include the following: water-efficient showerhead, kitchen and bathroom faucet aerators, weather-stripping, window film, outlet and switch plate sealers, a refrigerator/freezer thermometer, an LED night light and four LED light bulbs, a furnace filter coupon (for FortisBC gas customers), & installation guide.
- You must be a FortisBC, BC Hydro, or municipal utility customer.
- You must live in an income-qualifying household. Total household income includes the combined income of all members of the household over the age of 18. Utility may, at its discretion, accept or require alternative or additional proof of income, including: proof of rental, foreign and other sources of income.
How to Apply
- Select your utility provider:
- If requested, proof of income may be required.
- Currently there is no deadline for Energy Saving Kits.
- Don’t qualify for the free kit? Click here to purchase your own Energy Saving Kit. FortisBC customers can access a discount.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.