The BC Hydro & FortisBC Conservation Assistance Program is for income-qualified households and provides an in home visit with free energy-saving product installation including energy-saving LED light bulbs, high efficiency showerheads, and weather-stripping to reduce drafts. FortisBC also offers a $25 furnace filter coupon. Some homes may also qualify for an ENERGY STAR® refrigerator, insulation in walls, attic, and/or crawlspace, and/or a high-efficiency gas furnace. You can also receive customized energy coaching for how to improve your home’s efficiency.
- You must be a BC Hydro or City of New Westminster or a FortisBC or a municipal electricity customer account holder.
- You must live in a detached home, townhouse, duplex, or manufactured/mobile home. Non-profit housing providers and indigenous communities are eligible to apply.
- You must live in an income-qualifying household. Total household income includes the combined income of all members of the household over the age of 18. Utility may, at its discretion, accept or require alternative or additional proof of income, including: proof of rental, foreign and other sources of income.
How to Apply
- If you are a BC Hydro or FortisBC Gas customer, complete this application online, and ensure you submit a completed landlord consent form along with your application If you rent your home.
- If you are a FortisBC Electric customer complete and print this application form, and ensure you submit a completed landlord consent form along with your application if you rent your home.
- Mail the completed application form to BC Hydro and FortisBC ECAP Operations indicated on the bottom of the form.
- Currently there is no deadline for BC Hydro and FortisBC Energy Conservation Assistance Program.
- If you are not eligible for this program or live in an apartment or condo consider applying for a free Energy Saving Kit.
- If you do qualify for the free furnace through ECAP, you may qualify for a furnace rebate of up to $3,000 to install a high efficiency natural gas furnace.
- Please note that the assessment provided as part of ECAP does not count as an EnerGuide home evaluation and cannot be used to access other rebate programs.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.