FortisBC is offering up to $135 per household for having your natural gas appliances serviced by November 30, 2019. Natural gas furnaces or boilers, tankless water heaters and/or fireplaces are eligible for this rebate. If you apply online, you can receive a $10 bonus offer.
|Furnace or Boiler||$25|
|Natural Gas Fireplace (maximum 2 per household)||$25 each|
|Tankless Water Heater||$50|
|Bonus for Applying Online||$10|
* Maximum rebate is $135 when you have one furnace or boiler, two fireplaces and one tankless water heater serviced, plus the bonus offer for applying online.
- You must be a FortisBC residential natural gas customer.
- Homes primarily heated by natural gas supplied by Pacific Northern Gas are not eligible.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- Strata unit residents are eligible if each residential unit is separately metered and is in the name of the homeowner not the strata.
- Strata units in the name of the strata are not eligible.
- The home must have a minimum of 12 month of consecutive utility billing history.
- You must have a furnace, boiler, fireplace and/or tankless water heater serviced.
- The appliance service must be completed by a licensed gas contractor with a valid BC license in the trade applicable to the servicing work, or a Technical Safety BC certified gas fitter.
Each appliance maintenance service should include but are not limited to the following:
- Check the operation of the safety limit controls, temperature set points, thermostat, blower, pressure switches, ignition and ventilation system.
- Remove and clean the blower.
- Inspect the heat exchange and burner.
- For older models only:
- Lubricate the blower and motor bearings.
- Remove and clean burner.
- Check the operation of the safety limit controls, pressure relief valve, water pressure venting system temperature set points, and radiant floor temperature control device.
- In older models only:
- Lubricate the circulating pump.
- Remove and clean the burners.
- Clean the interior glass.
- Inspect the burner, gas valve, ignition system, door gaskets, ventilation and air openings.
Tankless Water Heaters
- Check the operation and safety controls.
- Test ignition device and burner, clean as required.
- Examine vent connector and venting system.
- Flush out heat exchange as per manufacturers instructions.
For more details, see the Technical Safety BC complete service checklist.
How to Apply
- Carefully review the terms and conditions.
- Have your applicable natural gas appliance serviced by a licensed gas contractor or Technical Safety BC certified gas fitter by November 20, 2019.
- Submit an Online Application and upload all required supporting documentation.
- The appliance(s) must be serviced from August 1, 2019 to November 30, 2019.
- Online applications must be submitted by November 30, 2019.
- The rebate will appear on your FortisBC natural gas utility bill as a credit.
- Many small and large appliances can be recycled instead of going to the landfill Please visit the Recycling Council of British Columbia of call 1 800-677-4321 to find out what produces can be recycled and where to properly recycle them.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.