In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, select CleanBC Better Homes rebates are doubled for a limited time to support the restart of B.C.’s economy and help homeowners save energy.
The Double the Rebate offer has been extended by three months for customers switching from natural gas, propane or oil to an electric heat pump or heat pump water heater. Registration is required. Register for a promo code by March 31, 2021. Once received, your unique promo code can be used to apply for the Double the Rebate offer. Upgrades must be complete and invoiced by June 30, 2021.
Note: Promo code registration is closed for homes currently heated by electricity and homes heated by natural gas who want to upgrade their furnace/boiler.
Refer to the table below for available rebates:
Double the Rebate Value
|Switch from natural gas, propane or oil heating to electricity||Central Air Source Heat Pump Rebate (Tier 2 only)
HSPF ≥9.3, SEER ≥16
|Mini-Split or Multi-Split Air Source Heat Pump Rebate
HSPF ≥9.3, SEER ≥16
|Dual-Fuel Central Air Source Heat Pump Rebate
HSPF ≥9.3, SEER ≥16
|Air-to-Water Heat Pump Rebate||CleanBC||$6,000|
|Combined Space and Hot Water Heat Pump Rebate||CleanBC||$8,000
+ $300 Two Upgrade Bonus
|Electrical Service Upgrade Rebate||CleanBC||$1,000|
|Water Heating||Electric Heat Pump Water Heater Rebate||CleanBC||$2,000|
|Electrical Service Upgrade Rebate
(if switching from natural gas, propane or oil to a heat pump water heater)
- You are eligible for one primary space heating system rebate per home, regardless of the number of systems installed. For example, you cannot get a rebate for a furnace and heat pump, even if you install a new dual fuel heat pump system. Your second rebate application will be denied.
- CleanBC Home Efficiency Rebates eligibility and upgrade requirements apply. Review the Program Requirements and Additional Terms and Conditions and Double the Rebate Terms and Conditions to confirm your eligibility.
How to Apply
- Register for a promo code by March 31, 2021. Once registered, you will receive a promo code by email. This promo code is unique to your home and cannot be used by someone else.
- Carefully read the Program Requirements and Additional Terms and Conditions and Double the Rebate Terms and Conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase eligible equipment and have it installed and invoiced by a licensed contractor by June 30, 2021.
- Once your upgrades are installed, complete the online application. Enter your promo code in the “Promo code” field and upload all supporting documentation including copies of all receipts and invoices. See sample invoices. If you are converting from oil, propane, or natural gas to a heat pump, include proof of your oil, propane, or natural gas system removal, modification or decommissioning.
- Note: the promo code will not be applied until after the application has been reviewed and approved.
- You must register for a promo code for Double the Rebates by March 31, 2021.
- Eligible equipment must be installed and invoiced by a licensed contractor by June 30, 2021.
- The application form for individual upgrades must be submitted within 6 months of the invoice date of the upgrade.
- Select municipalities have additional Municipal Top-up Offers for fuel switching to a heat pump, heat pump water heater, electric service upgrade and window/door upgrades.
- Receive an additional rebate of up to $500 with the Heat Pump Group Purchase Rebate(GPR) when fuel switching your primary heating system to an electric air-source heat pump.
- Double the Rebate upgrades can count towards the Two Upgrade Bonus or the Home Energy Improvement Bonus. Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrade rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- These rebates are funded, in part, by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.
Program Contact Information
- CleanBC Better Homes firstname.lastname@example.org