The City of Colwood is offering a $350 top-up to CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program participants that switch from a fossil fuel (oil, natural gas, or propane) heating system to an electric air source heat pump. This municipal offer is in addition to the heat pump rebates currently available through the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program. Limited time offer – Act now, as municipal top-up rebates will be approved on a first-come, first-served basis. Municipal funding is subject to availability and top-up rebates are not guaranteed.
- Your upgrades must be completed on or after January 1, 2021.
- You must be a FortisBC, BC Hydro, or municipal utility customer.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- You must be a resident within the boundaries of the City of Colwood.
- You must convert your primary heating system from fossil fuel (oil, natural gas, propane) to an electric air source heat pump.
- You must fulfill the eligibility requirements of the ductless mini-split heat pump rebate, central ducted heat pump rebate, air-to-water heat pump rebate, or combination space and water heat pump rebate.
- Home must be a year-round primary residence that is at least 12 months old.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the Program Requirements and Additional Terms and Conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Have an eligible heat pump installed. See the mini-split air source heat pump, central system air source heat pump, air-to-water heat pump rebate, or combination space and water heat pump rebate pages for eligibility requirements.
- Once your upgrades are installed, complete the online application and upload all supporting documentation including copies of all receipts and invoices. See sample invoices. No additional application is required for the municipal top-up. The top-up will be added to your rebate payment if you are in the participating municipality.
- The application form must be submitted within 6 months of the invoice date of the heat pump installation.
- Eligibility requirements and rebates are based on the date of the invoice. See the What Rebates are Available FAQ for information on how invoice date effects associated upgrade requirements and available rebates.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.