The City of Nanaimo offers up to $200 for the post-upgrade evaluation for improving the EnerGuide rating of your home.
- $10 per 5GJ/year reduction in EnerGuide Rating up to a maximum of $200
- You must live within the City of Nanaimo.
- You must complete a pre-upgrade and post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation.
- The EnerGuide home evaluations must be performed by a program-qualified energy advisor.
How to Apply
- Carefully review the terms and conditions on the bottom of the page to confirm your eligibility for the rebate.
- Have a pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation and/or a post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation.
- Use the online application form. For the post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation include the first page of the Homeowner Information Sheet showing the new EnerGuide rating as well as the first page of the Renovation Upgrade Report from your pre-upgrade evaluation and a receipt for the post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation. Applications can also be made by mail or in person at the Service and Resource Building.
- Visit the City of Nanaimo website for instructions on what to include in your application and where to submit.
- The rebates are available for a limited time. Check the City of Nanaimo’s website for updates.
- Assessments need to be submitted no later than 4 weeks after completion
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.