Bring It Home 4 Climate is a program designed to engage and support homeowners and organizations located in the capital region of British Columbia who are interested in becoming agents of change in their communities by reducing the energy consumption and carbon footprint of their homes, and reward those for taking steps to motivate other homeowners to do the same. This program offers a variety of support, resources and subsidies to Bring It Home and consider what you can do for the climate and your community. Limited time offer – act now, as funding and participation availability is limited will be approved on a first come first serve basis.
You must be registered with the program to access these offers.
- Free Virtual Home Energy Check Up:
- This is a program-exclusive offer designed to help you think about your personal or household goals and motivations for improving your home and to help identify any issues or concerns with your home which could be solved by completing home energy improvements.
- The Check-Up consists of an online survey followed by a video or phone call with an Energy Expert who will recommend next steps.
- $250 EnerGuide Home Evaluation Subsidy:
- This offer is a participant-exclusive offer. This offer subsidizes an additional $250 of the cost of a Pre-Upgrade EnerGuide Home Evaluation for a whole home technical assessment of your home to help you understand how your home uses energy and identify home energy improvement options.
- This offer is in addition to the $200 CleanBC EnerGuide Evaluation Rebate and applicable Municipal Top-ups.
- Testimonial Gallery
- Resource Library
- Participants must be owners of a home within the Capital Regional District.
- You must have a residential utility account with FortisBC and/or BC Hydro.
- Your home must be primarily heated with:
- Natural Gas supplied by FortisBC
- Electricity supplied by BC Hydro
- Oil or propane not supplied by FortisBC
- Homes primarily heated by wood or other solid fossil fuels are not eligible.
- You must live in an eligible home.
- The home must have a minimum of 12 months of consecutive utility billing history.
How to Apply
- Carefully review the Bring It Home Program Terms and Conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Register online to participate in the Bring It Home 4 Climate Program.
- To access individual offers, submit the appropriate forms:
- EnerGuide Home Evaluation Subsidy: Must complete an EnerGuide Home Evaluation within 30 days of the subsidy reservation confirmation.
- Learn more about energy efficiency upgrades by reading our Energy Upgrade FAQs.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.