FortisBC is offering up to $1,000 when replacing your old gas boiler or up to $1,500 when replacing your gas boiler with an eligible high-efficiency ENERGY STAR® combination heating and hot water system.
This upgrade can count towards the Two Upgrade Bonus or the Home Energy Improvement Bonus of the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program.
|New heating system||Rebate Amount|
|94% or higher AFUE boiler
(installed on or after March 01, 2019)
|ENERGY STAR certified natural gas combination heating and hot water system||$1,200
(plus the $300 Two Upgrade Bonus)
|P9 certified combination heating and hot water system||$1,200
(plus the $300 Two Upgrade Bonus)
- You must be a FortisBC residential natural gas customer.
- Natural gas must be your current primary heating system fuel type.
- To count the upgrade towards the CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program, the boiler must:
- Your existing boiler must be at least 10 years old and must not require repairs in excess of $1,000 (pre-tax, including parts and labour). Emergency replacements of a boiler that is not in working order or is deemed unsafe to operate are not eligible.
- You must install an eligible ENERGY STAR boiler with a two-pipe direct vent system. P9 Systems are exempt from the two-pipe direct vent system requirement.
- Eligible models can be found online:
- Eligible Boilers installed on or after March 01, 2019
- Eligible Combination heating and hot water systems.
- Eligible P9 Systems.
- The new heating system must become your primary heating system.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions on the application form to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase an eligible natural gas boiler or combination heating and hot water systems and have it installed by a licensed gas contractor.
- Once your upgrades are installed, work with your contractor to complete, in full, the applicable application form and boiler commissioning sheet. You must also include a photo of the new two-pipe direct vent system installed in your home and a copy of your invoice showing details of all work performed, purchase date, make and model number and installation permit number.
- Email your complete application and copies of supporting documents within 6 months of the installation date to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can mail the application package to the address indicated on the application form.
- Application must be emailed or postmarked within 6 months of the invoice date of your natural gas boiler installation.
- The application form for the Two Upgrade Bonus must be submitted within 6 months of the second bonus-eligible upgrade. You must complete your second bonus-eligible upgrade within 18 months of the invoice date of the first bonus-eligible upgrade.
- The application form for the Home Energy Improvement Bonus and EnerGuide Home Evaluation Rebate must be submitted within 6 months of the date of your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation. You must complete your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation within 18 months of your pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation.
- If you installed upgrades prior to April 1, 2019, see What if I started my renovations before April 01, 2019?
- If you installed upgrades prior to September 28, 2018, see What if I started my renovations before September 28, 2018?
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- This rebate is funded, in part, by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.