As a part of the BC Hydro Appliance Rebate program you can receive a rebate up to $100 for replacing your clothes washer, clothes dryer, and/or refrigerator with select high efficiency models, plus additional rebates from select retailers and municipalities.
- You must install at least one of the high-efficiency models listed on the ENERGY STAR® search tool.
- Visit the BC Hydro Appliance Rebates web page to learn about participating retailers and participating municipalities.
Select municipalities and retailers offer rebates in addition to the BC Hydro rebates. See the Appliance Rebates web page for more information.
Retailer Rebates – Save an additional $25-$200 on select ENERGY STAR® appliances from select participating retailers:
- Best Buy
- The Brick
- The Home Depot
- Trail Appliances
- Coast Appliances
- Midland Appliances
- All other independent retailers
Municipal Rebates – Save an additional $25-$100 on select ENERGY STAR appliances with select municipalities:
- City of Coquitlam
- City of Nanaimo
- City of New Westminster
- City of North Vancouver
- City of Richmond
- City of Vancouver
- District of West Vancouver
- District of North Vancouver
- Township of Langley
How to Apply
- Complete the online rebate application and upload a copy of your proof of purchase. You only have to submit one application form even if you’re applying for multiple rebates including manufacturer, retailer and municipal rebates.
- Once you complete and submit the form, a copy of your completed application will be emailed to you. This confirms that you have successfully submitted your application.
- You’ll receive another email once BC Hydro has reviewed and approved your application for payment (in the form of a cheque, Interac e-Transfer or bill credit). This email may take about 8 to 10 weeks to receive from your original application submission.
- Track the status of your rebate online. Use the tracking number provided in the email sent to you with your completed application form.
- Appliance purchases must be made between October 04, 2019 and November 29, 2019 to be eligible for this rebate.
- Your application and proof of purchase must be submitted within 60 days from the date you purchased your new appliance.
- Many small and large appliances can be recycled instead of going to the landfill. Visit the Recycling Council of British Columbia or call 1 800-667-4321 to find out what can be recycled and where to recycle.
- Check out our rebate search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.