Getting optimal performance from an ENERGY STAR® certified ventilation fan depends on more than just choosing the right equipment.
- Consult with experts: Ask your energy advisor or contractor how this ENERGY STAR certified feature could transform your home.
- Buy quality: Look for ENERGY STAR certified ventilation fans to ensure quality.
- Use an accredited installer: Use an accredited TECA (Thermal Environmental Comfort Association of BC), ASTT (Association of Applied Technologists and Technicians), or HRAI (Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada) installer.
- Ensure optimal performance: The quality of the installation can have an enormous effect on system performance and home comfort. Ask your contractor questions to ensure your system is properly sized and installed for optimal performance.
- Maintain your equipment: Similar to servicing a vehicle, preventive maintenance is a good investment to minimize future problems. Keep the fan housing, blades, and ducting clean. Consult the owner’s manual for more details.
Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.