Getting optimal performance from a new ENERGY STAR® certified tankless water heater depends on more than just choosing the right equipment.
- Consult with experts: Ask your builder or energy advisor how this ENERGY STAR certified feature could transform your home.
- Buy Quality: Look for an ENERGY STAR certified tankless water heater to ensure a quality system.
- Size your system correctly: To provide your household with enough hot water and to maximize energy performance, you need a properly sized water heater.
- Ask about costs: Before you purchase a tankless water heater, it’s also a good idea to estimate its annual operating costs and compare those costs with other water heating technologies.
- Maintain your equipment: Similar to servicing a vehicle, preventive maintenance on your equipment is a good investment to minimize future problems. Arrange for annual servicing to keep the equipment free of scale deposits and clean filters. Consult the owner’s manual for more details.
Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.