Getting optimal performance from a new ENERGY STAR® certified HRV depends on more than just choosing the right equipment.
- Consult with experts: Ask your energy advisor how this ENERGY STAR certified feature could transform your home.
- Buy quality: Look for an ENERGY STAR certified HRV to ensure a quality system.
- Use an accredited installer: Contact an approved TECA (Thermal Environmental Comfort Association of BC) or HRAI (Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada) installer.
- Ensure optimal performance: The quality of the installation can have an enormous effect on system performance and home comfort. Ask your installer questions to ensure your system is properly sized and balanced for optimal performance.
- Maintain your equipment: Similar to servicing a vehicle, preventive maintenance is a good investment to minimize future problems. Arrange for annual servicing, keep the unit clean and inspect air filters every 1-3 months. Consult the owner’s manual for details.
Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.