Find a Contractor
Choosing the right contractor is the first step towards a successful home energy retrofit. Using the search tool below, you can find a registered contractor for your home upgrade needs. Registered contractors consist of Program Registered Contractors (PRC), who have been trained and registered by program utility partners, and Home Performance Contractor Network (HPCN) members, who have been trained and registered by the Home Performance Stakeholder Council.
Working with a registered contractor means you are working with someone that is trained in industry best practices and is subject to ongoing quality assurance evaluations.
Find a registered contractor near you
Do I need to work with a registered contractor?
CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Programs
- Insulation rebates require the use of a registered contractor.
- It is recommended to initially use the Find a Contractor search tool above to identify a quality contractor. If you cannot locate a registered contractor in your region, you may choose to hire a Program Registered Contractors In-Progress. PRC In-Progress have completed best practice training and are nearing completion of their full PRC designation. Homeowners can use a PRC In-Progress and still receive insulation rebates through the Home Renovation Rebate and CleanBC Better Homes programs, if all other rebate requirements are met.
- Insulation PRCs In-Progress are listed here.
Heat Pump Rebates
- Heat Pump rebates do not require the use of a registered contractor.
- Important Note: Heat pumps installed on or after July 01, 2022 will require the use of a registered contractor to access heat pump rebates.
- It is recommended to initially use the Find a Contractor search tool above to identify a quality contractor. If you cannot locate a registered contractor in your region, you may choose to hire an HPCN In-Progress contractor. HPCN In-Progress contractors, previously Program Registered Contractors, have completed best practice training and are nearing completion of their full HPCN designation. Homeowners can use an HPCN In-Progress contractor and still receive heat pump rebates through the Home Renovation Rebate and CleanBC Better Homes programs, if all other rebate requirements are met.
- Heat Pump HPCN In-Progress contractors are listed here.
All Other Rebates
- You are not required to work with a registered contractor to access all other rebates, although it is strongly recommended.
CleanBC Income Qualified Program
- If you are accessing the CleanBC Income Qualified Program, you must work with an Income Qualified Program Registered Contractor. They can be identified on the CleanBC Income Qualified Program Registered Contractor list.
- If you cannot locate an Income Qualified Program registered contractor in your region, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CleanBC Low-Interest Financing Program
Training and Qualifications
Registered contractors have:
- Completed building science fundamentals training as well as best practice training specific to their industry.
- Registered with WorkSafeBC. Confirm the business’ current standing with WorkSafeBC prior to choosing a registered contractor.
- Maintained up-to-date business licenses, general liability insurance, standard warrantees, and good standing with WorkSafeBC.
What to expect from registered contractors?
In addition to meeting program business and training requirements registered contractors have agreed to comply with a code of conduct that prioritizes such values as fairness, integrity and honesty. They agree to charge customers a reasonable and competitive rate for service, provide equipment and installation warranties, advise about program rebates, handle customer complaints and ensure that their work meets the standard of industry best practices and is performed in a safe manner.
Important information: This directory is for informational purposes only. The contractors listed on this directory are independent contractors and not affiliated with or employees of CleanBC Better Homes, FortisBC, BC Hydro or the Home Performance Stakeholder Council (HPSC) in any way. The contractors listed on this directory meet the limited criteria of either the Home Performance Contractor Network or the Program Registered Contractor network, as set out on this webpage. CleanBC Better Homes, FortisBC, BC Hydro and the HPSC do not endorse the quality of work provided by a registered contractor or guarantee any of their services. It is your responsibility to interview and select a contractor that meets your needs.